Saturday, April 30, 2005

What A Day

Hello Everyone,

I mentioned yesterday that I probably wouldn't be posting over the weekend but I feel like I have too much on my mind and if I don't put some of these thoughts on the page, my head will most likely explode.

First, let's talk about the fun stuff. Last night Apple released OS X 10.4 or as it's more popularly referred to, Tiger. My roommate Tito and I went to CompUSA and the suits at Apple will be thrilled to know that Comp held to the official 6:00pm release time.

As I do every time Apple releases a new software, I spent the day thinking Apple was rediculous to insist on releasing there software at the end of the day. For the first time, I realized yesterday evening that Apple is doing the employers of the world a favor by waiting til the end of the work day to release new software as us nutty Mac users lose about 3 hours of our day installing and playing with new software as soon as we get it.

I'd say there were about 15 or 20 of us in the back corner/Apple section of CompUSA waiting for them to give us our friggin OS boxes. Now, I don't consider myself a computer geek by any means but as a group, we were a sight to behold. I'm not saying we were a sad bunch or anything, but I will say that we were seriously lacking in the hot chick department.

From a business standpoint, the other plus to having us wait around for the software is that customers are given some time to see what else is available for purchase. Generally, this isn't a huge things as we mac people are obsessive and we have most everything we want. Still, Belkin makes a Radio Shark thing that allows you to listen and record radio on your mac in a tivo like fashion. While I had heard of this technology, I had never come across it in a store before. Needless to say, I know own it.

Tiger was released at 6 and I went down to Stamford to meet up with my beautiful fiancé, Kristine. We ended up not leaving for LI last night and instead went out for a nice dinner...oh wait. Man, I've got a lot to say. This is going to become two posts. I can feel it.

Kristine and I have eaten at Paradise Restaurant in Stamford a few times. We enjoy their food very much. It's right next to the Crabshell which is also very good and because both these places are on the water with decks, they are total meat markets in the summertime. The food we had last night was great. We had the Jalapeno Popper special as an app and our only complaint was that we wished they came with 10 times as many poppers as they were so friggin good.

Kristine had a salad with shrimp that she enjoyed and I had The Orange Compo special which consisted of broiled salmon and yellow fin tuna. It was most delicous. It's too bad our waitor sucked. I'll tell ya...great food is one thing but if your service sucks, that's what I remember and that's what I'll hold against you. I could go into details but just know that our waiter suck royally. You know how bad he sucked? I'm an overtipper. For one, It usually doesn't cost that much more and I like the help to think well of me for future visits. Second, it's much easier to do the math for 20% vs 15%, especially after a couple of glasses of wine.

I was so pissed at our waiter last night...I think the bill was for $61 and I left $66 and quite frankly that was too much. If I ever go to Paradise again and he is my waiter, I will leave. I wish I had a picture so that you could avoid the lameness that is this piece of shit waitor. That fact that he is preventing me even now from getting to the real stresses of my day, pisses me off so much more. Bla to him I say....Blaaaaaaaaaa.....

But just to be clear, the food at Paradise in Stamford is very good and the restaurant is worth a try. Hold on...Where was I before I got off topic? Ahh yes. Nice dinner. Afterwards, we went back to Kristine's and she talked me into watching Miss Congeniality on DVD. To my surprise I laughed my ass off. If we find the time, we may go to the theatre to catch the sequel. Otherwise, we'll just catch it on DVD.

Alright, this is going way long and I have two beers in me. In a little bit, we're going to see John Stewart so I think I may take a nap. I just want to say that so far, I'm loving Tiger and I especially love Dashboard, the widget part of the OS. Because of Dashboard, I can tell you that the current temperature in Huntington, Long Island is 55 degrees and cloudy. Tomorrow it will be 63 and sunny. Very cool.

I have so much to say but not now. Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com