Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I had a sec...

Good Morning Friends And Family,

Just wanted to say a quick hello as I didn't bring work keys and I have a minute or two b4 someone can let me in.

First, the engagement is still going great. I love my wife to be and look forward to the day when we are married.

Next, I'm sort of in a get my life together phase now that I undoubtably have a beautiful future. Part of that process involved going down to the new parking garage in SoNo to pay some old parking tickets. (Yes, I'm aware some of you are laughing hard at this. Ha Ha Ha.) For those of you youngin's out there, let me just tell you that you should try your hardest to never get a parking ticket and if you do, you should pay it immediately. And while I try my hardest to be above negativity and focus on the positive, let me take a quick moment to give a big FUCK YOU to the town of Norwalk and all those who delight in profiting from the shortcomings of others. But I digress...

I haven't mentioned this yet, but I did have my first of many dentist appointments to come last week and spent an hour filling my first cavity. To all you youngins out there who aren't fond of brushing your teeth, flossing, or going to dentist once ever six months, let me just tell you....JUST DO IT.

On an humorous note, Kristine visited the dentist yesterday and told the dentist that I had a pleasant experience when I last visited him. I love her so much but holy cow, sometimes she doesn't know how to read me at all.

Right now, I'm very into this Mash Up thing when it comes to music. A mash up is when you take two songs and make them into one. This can be a very cool thing. Every Monday, the Slim Shady station on Sirius Radio has a two hour show from 10pm - 12am of just mashups. I heard it for the first time the other night and loved it.

Actually, I've been listening to it a lot. I purchased a program called Audio Hijack for the mac and recorded the internet stream. Since then it's been living on my iPod. New to the software, I was only able to get a little more than half the show, but they said on the show that there's a website you can go to where you can download all the songs they play. Unfortunately, I keep forgetting the website and I never write it down as I'm usually busy when it comes on.

You will most likely be hearing more about mash ups from me in the future. In case I never get to it though, a great cd to have is Collission Course, which is a really cool mash up cd. It has like 6 or 8 tunes with the best songs from Linkin Park and Jay-Z. The difference between the cd and most mashup tunes is that the artists contributed to Collission, recording extra vocals and music to make the whole thing flow well. Most mashups typically are done by djs without artist involvement which is why mashups are generally considered bootlegs.

Oh wait. Can't forget. The coolest mashup cd is one you can't get in stores. It's called The Grey Album. Some dj in England I think took 2 weeks out of his schedule and spent the entire time putting Jay-Z's vocals from The Black Album over music and sounds from The Beatles White album. The end product is fantastic. While Jay-Z's record lable has no problem with you downloading these tunes, EMI, the rights holder to The Beatles recordings shuts down any site who posts the mp3s. I have the album though so if you can't find it anywhere, drop me a line and I'll send them off to you. Unless of course, you're EMI, in which case, Ha Ha. Just kidding. I would never do anything that involved me being sued by The Beatles.

Alright. I need to figure out how I'm getting into my workplace. Talk 2 ya l8r.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Related IMPACT said...

Yo - you got to IM me the Jay Z mp3s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com