Saturday, February 18, 2006

How I Will Miss My Little 'Love Monkey'

There's so much crap on television that it's sad when we lose a great show. Love Monkey was a really cool show starring that guy from 'Ed' as a music agent. The show revolved around the ins and out of the music industry as well as the friendship of four guys, one of which was Jason Priestly. Love Monkey was both funny and entertaining.

After only 3 episodes, CBS removed Love Monkey from it's schedule, putting the show on "hiatus". Typically, that would mean that CBS is done with the show and that's probably the case. Still, there appears to be some hope. It seems that there are 5 unaired episodes that will end up somewhere. Rumors are that the Love Monkey people are in talks with the WB to bring the show to that network. I suppose in the end, all the episodes will end up on a dvd eventually, but I hope CBS comes to their senses and appreciates Love Monkey for the great show it is and brings the show back to its network. On the off chance that a CBS executive gets lost and ends up on the pages of this blog, allow me to plead to your better sense of judgement. Love Monkey is original, unique, and a wonderful addition to network television. Please bring Love Monkey back.

3 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Dave. I've missed you.

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger The Desert Rat said...

I have missed you too.

The problem with tv today is that the major networks have become completely snipeless drones that can see nothing but dollar signs. If a show doesn't make them money right off the bat, they drop it.

Going by that logic, Seinfeld should have been canceled after 3 episodes too, but back then, the networks had more vision and recognized potential.

But anyways, Dave, I need help.

I just recently got a G5 30 gig video iPod and it's awesome, but I can't figure out how to load videos on it. I know you have to change the format, and the only way I can find to do that is to buy Quicktime 7 pro for like $30 bucks, and I really don't want to do that. I know you are an apple guy, but do you know anything about PCs? Or could you tell me where on the internet I could find a site that could help me convert the videos into the correct format for free? Thanks!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Dave Novak said...

Hay Rob,

I could probably give you a long winded answer about the technicalities of putting movies on your iPod, but it would end with the fact that because your on a PC, I just don't know.

What I can tell you is that for whatever reason, and I say this as a HUGE Apple supporter, Quicktime Pro sucks for making iPod movies. It's setting for "Export to iPod 320x240" takes FOREVER.

I would go to a website like versiontracker.com and do a search for iPod and see what comes up. The program I use for the mac is called Handbrake. Now last time I looked on the Handbrake website, the guy swore he would never make a version for the pc and to stop asking for one. Still, I read somewhere recently that Handbrake was now available for the pc.

Best of luck. It is slightly possible that I may have some iPod ready videos. Drop me a line and let me know what kind of stuff you're looking for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com