Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Years Eve!

My Beautiful and I are about to go out for the evening and I thought I might jot down a few New Year's resolutions before we go. It's unfortunate when I look back on my past that if I were required to come up with a definition for the New Years Resolution, I could possibly define it as "a promise you make to yourself that you are not required to keep." That said, I'm approaching my 2006 New Years Resolutions with the idea that they are goals rather than lies.

Resolution #1. I hearby resolve to better look out for my well being. This includes health, knowledge, and the ability to adhere to the rules and concerns of our society. That last one might raise an eyebrow or two so let me simplify it by saying that I strive to be a better person.

Resolution #2. I hearby resolve to be the best husband I can be. Technically, this should not begin until May 6th, but I find it so much easier to refer to Kristine as my wife. Because of this, I respect the rules of our monogomist loving relationship as I believe us to be Man and Wife at this very moment. I pledge to continue loving her with all my heart and I will do my best to consider the fact that I may very well NOT be right all of the time. Some of you will find that line to be funny, including my beautiful wife Kristine, who laughs because she knows that SHE is the one who is right all the time.

Resolution #3. I will take actions that will allow me to move forward in life rather than become complacent with where I am now. That's not to say I'm not in a good place. Far from it. All things considered, my life is phenominal. Still, I have a few unrealized dreams that I'd like to achieve before I lose the motivation to achieve them. I have a partner now who stands by my side and makes me stronger. I can't think of a better time to do great things.

Resolution #4. I hereby resolve to connect more with my friends and my family. To those of you who I owe emails to, I appologize. To those of you who have told me we need to get together and we haven't, I appologize. If I do nothing else this year, I hope to organize my addresses and phone numbers so that I may keep in touch with those who I've befriended and those who I love.

That said, I wish all of you a Happy New Year and I wish all of you the best. Here's hoping that all of our New Years Resolutions come true and assist us in becoming that which we strive to be. Oh what the hell. Let me throw one more resolution out there. I hereby resolve to maintain and update my blog on a regular basis, and in doing so, I hope my words continue to entertain you.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!
Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com