Tuesday, October 04, 2005

You May Be Searching For Me

Hello All,

Since I've started blogging on a regular basis, it seems that a few more people are viewing my pages as a result of search engines. It's nice to be aware of this info as I am able to see what people are looking for on the web. It's possible that in the future I will cater to some of these searches as I'm a big fan of giving the people what they want. You can rest assured that I will include some more photos of Miss Adrienne Curry as I have found that's what some of you would like to see (and to be honest, I don't mind looking at her either).

Here is what amused me this morning. In yesterday's entry, I had a quick one sentence message informing my readers that Call For Help was back on the air. Call For Help is a 1 hour daily show that is very informative when it comes to the computer world. One of the show's benefits is that you can call in and ask for help if you have a computer problem or if you need more information. Call For Help's host, Leo Laporte, is also the host of my three favorite podcasts. They are This Week In Tech, KFI's Tech Guy, and Security Now. By the way, the new Security Now is up and it is very good.

Call For Help used to be on every day when the G4 channel was called TechTV. As all of you geeky people out there know, TechTV was an awesome tv channel until G4 bought TechTV and made it a very shitty one. As a result, Call For Help was cancelled.

Now I don't completely understand it, but I guess Call For Help has been on in Canada. Since G4 is starting to realize they may have made some mistakes, they are running the Canadian reruns on G4 in the US. It's nice to have them back.

But like I was saying, yesterday, I mentioned all of this in one sentence. After work, I went home and watched Call For Help on my DVR. They had some great info on Imax movies and how they convert standard hollywood movies into the Imax format. They also had some good info about computer security. For those of you that don't know, if your internet is going through a router, then you have a firewall.

The other thing they mentioned was a great search engine called Technorati. I gotta be honest on this one and let you know that during this story I was paying more attention to my lovely fiance and the pork tenderloin she cooked me for dinner. Still, it was going on in the background and I heard enough to know that they liked it and thought I should use it.

I probably would've forgotten about Technorati except that it showed up on my webstats page this morning. It turns out that someone else must have watched the same Call For Help episode and then typed "call for help" g4 into the Technorati search engine. Here's what's amazing. As of this writing, when you type those words into that search engine, I am the FIRST story that comes up. I mean that....that is just friggin cool.

Based on these findings, I would like to say that Technorati is the BEST search engine ever and that I highly recommend it. Although of course, I guess I should also thank Google for providing me with the free blogspace.

Hay, last but not least...I've gotten some very nice responses, both in blog comments and in emails, to my blog entry about my Mother a few posts back. Certainly speaking of those who have passed can be a touchy subject as you walk a fine line between mourning the death and celebrating the life. I was happy to write that entry and I thank those of you who acknowledged it.

By the way, speaking of Mothers, I don't know if you've seen it yet, but my Godmother Lynn did finally post her second blog entry and she did so in an internet cafe in Ireland. You can read about it here.

Oh, and let me not forget to welcome all of you who arrived here as a result of Call For Help and my favorite search engine Technorati. I hope you stick around and enjoy what you see here.

Talk 2 u soon.
Dave

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com