Thursday, September 29, 2005

Remembering Mom

It's hard to believe my Mother, Dale Ellen Barber, passed away over two years ago. She was very smart and funny and a lovely person to most who knew her. God forbid you ever disagreed with her though as she would debate you until you the end of time. After graduating Magna Cum Laude from Central Connecticut State College, she went on to become a computer programmer for Travelers Insurance Co. back when few common consumers knew what a computer was. She was a hard worker and did a fine job raising me as a single parent when my parents divorced when I was 5. My Mother was great and I miss her very much.

In 1986, Mom was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. She handled the disease very well up until her body got the better of her in 2003. I always tell people that I never wish death on anyone but I know that when the time came, my Mother was ready to go. I hope that wherever she is that things are going well for her and that she still thinks highly of me.

Were she alive, my Mother would have turned 61 today. Happy Birthday Mom. I still love you and I still think of you often.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger The Desert Rat said...

Dave, your mother was a truly wonderful person, and I too miss her very much. My mother still talks about her often, and if you ask her who her bestfriend is, to this day, she still says Dale. I was young when I knew your mom, but I remember her rather well. I'm glad to have had the pleasure and the honor of knowing such a caring and decent person. You and she always were, and will always be part of our family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com