Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I had a few minutes

Hello All,

Just killing a little time before I go off and play darts tonight. Thought I'd check in with some new info I might have. The problem is that I just decided to do this so I'm not sure what that info might be. Needless to say, we will be figuring that out together. Here we go.

In my first or second entry, I mentioned my roommate Tito had a blog. Well, he doesn't anymore, so you can stop trying to look for it. Tito explained to me that he didn't feel like he had anything more to say. I told him he was insane because if you've ever heard Tito talk, he's got plenty to say. Basically, it comes down to Tito doesn't have the time to sit and express those words on the page. He's pondering the idea of a video blog and if he does one, I'll be sure to let you know.

My friend Chris emailed me the other day about what he learned in my blog....Actually, I should just put it in here. One Sec...

Okay, here's what he wrote:

Dave
I'm glad to hear:
- your applesauce & venison dinner was a big hit
- the Norwalk library has free wireless connection
- and Starbuck's coffee gets you high

I'm sad to know:
- there's no need for a keyboard player on Appetite for Destruction - I always thought one was missing
- you have a freaky woman stalker from VT - have you recieved any knitted blankets in the mail?

Chris is a very funny dude. I should point out that I don't actually have a freaky woman stalker from Vermont. The lovely woman from VT who occasionally makes comments on my blog is none other than my Aunt Sara. She is very awesome and of all the people in the world, I hold her in the highest regard.

Actually, Sara, you might find this amusing. You see, my family is a bit of a split. My Mother's family is mostly New Englandy and my Father's family is from Ohio. Needless to say, there's a noticable difference in the two family's that I come from. The one that applies to this blog entry is the pronunciation of my parent's sister's prefixes.

My Mother's sisters were always refered to as if the word Aunt was pronounce Ont. My Father's were always pronounced as if they were spelled Ant. As I was more apt to to see Mom's family because they always been closer, I tend to favor Ont. However, when it comes to Sara, I've given this up. That is because she lives in Vermont.

So, everytime I tell a story where she's involved and I refer to her as my Ont in Vermont, well, I have to pause to allow for my listener(s) to laugh at the play on words and then I lose my train of thought on the story I'm telling, and well...the whole thing becomes a friggin train wreck. It's only in the last 4 or 5 months that I've realized I could make my Ont an Ant.

So there you go Sara. You now know that I speak of you, you are my Ant Sara. Hope that's alright. What's funny is that as I write this, I imagine Ant Sara is wondering what these stories are that I'm telling of her. Ironically, aside from the one I just told you, I have no idea what stories I'm telling about her. Too funny.

What else? Anything? I'm always amused that when I think I have nothing to say, I tend to fill up the page.

Have I mentioned I have Gmail? I'm not going to give you the address or anything. If you don't know my email address, odds are you don't need to. Lord knows, too many spammers know it already. However, I do have 35 invites left. Right now, Gmail is only available to people via invite. Should you want a free gig of email space, post a comment here with your email and I'll hook u up with an invite.

My best friend Tim was nice enough to post an entry on his blog about my blog so I feel obliged to tell you about his blog again. www.lynch.st. Go check it out now.

Alright. It's about 6:30, so I'm going to head down to Deep Pockets in South Norwalk, grab a happy hour priced Long Trail, load up the jukebox, and shoot some darts before my friends show up. By the way, funny man Chris is an awesome dart player and since I am not, the practice can't hurt.

Check ya l8r.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com