Saturday, July 01, 2006

WOO-HOO!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Happy Dave. Since I posted the pic of Whiny Bitch Dave, I thought it only right to post of photo from my successes as a runner. And today my friends, I am a successful runner.

Kristine and her Mom are upstairs taking a nap so I had a few minutes to throw out a few numbers. (Yes, I'm the one who ran 5 miles this morning and they're upstairs taking the nap. It just goes to prove my theory that Walmart can be freakin exhausting)

Today, I ran 5 miles in 57 minutes and 54 seconds. That translates to 1 mile every 11.58 minutes. For those of you keeping score at home, that time means I'm getting faster as my last official mile time was 12 minutes. YAY!!!

Two weeks ago when I weighed myself post race, I was at 266 lbs with 29% body fat. I'm proud to report that 14 days later, I now weigh 260 lbs with 28% body fat. That's definitely cool because I wasn't on a perfect diet during that time. Poker night called for some heavy drinking and while I wasn't eating much ice cream, I did discover Sorbet and wouldn't ya know, that stuff comes in pints as well. My point is that my diet this last two weeks was reasonable and something I can continue without any problem. That means if I keep up the exercise, don't stray from the diet, and the weight loss is consistent, 20 weeks from now, I'll be at 200 lbs.

WOW, does that sound ambitious. Then again, I've run 2 races in the last 4 weeks. Suddenly the impossible is now seeming more plausable in my world. If my math is correct, that puts 200 lbs on November 5th. That's exciting. Alright, I can't ever remember my weight being south of 245. Let's see....In theory, that will happen on...August 12th. That's pretty amazingly cool. Boy, I wonder if I can do it. I guess we'll find out together.

By the way, let me say thanx to all the people I dedicated miles to this time around. I felt like you were all running with me. Because I beat my expected time, I only had a few minutes of Judy Blue Eyes on the run. After I got home, I took a walk to the post office to return a Netflix and listened to the complete song at that time. I felt like my Mom and I were celebrating the accelerated victory as I listened to the song. Today was a good day.

Thanx for your continued reading. I'll talk 2 u soon.
Dave

4 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are feeling so proud and pumped up about this because you should be. You're inspiring my friend. Good job today.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Dave Novak said...

Thank you Karen. I appreciate the encouragement. Here's hoping that one of these days, maybe I'll post an entry that doesn't make you cry. Do you still hate Star Wars? Maybe I'll write something about Star Wars. Or what about The Matrix? You probably haven't even seen The Matrix, let alone Matrix 2 or 3. I'm going to make it a point to one day write a blog entry called, "Movies Karen Could Give A Sh*t About" just so I can know that on that day, there will be one less tearful home in the Fairfield County area. :-)

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan ... or The Matrix. But I'm desperate to see Superman Returns so leave that one out of your post.

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Dave Novak said...

Kristine doesn't want to see Superman so let me know when you're going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com