Monday, July 03, 2006

A MILEstone And An Old Friend

Today was a big day in the history of my running as it was the first time I ran a mile without stopping to breathe. When it comes to fitness, I just keep getting better. More running news to come as it becomes available.

I'd like to give a shout out to my old friend, Amy Sander, who congratulated me on my marriage in these pages a few posts ago. Amy is one of my few high school friends that I still keep in touch with and if there's a Guns N Roses or Metallica concert in the Tri State area, you might see us there.

Above, she is pictured with what I assume to be two Germen men. Amy is part of a group called Deutsch NYC. I don't think she's in charge of the club but she must be pretty high up as she sends out something like 20 emails a day regarding the club. If you are a German person looking to do German things and you live anywhere around New York, you should definitely check out Amy's German club.

One last thing. Anyone watching the Tour de France on OLN? I've never been into cycling but now that I'm working around it, it's pretty exciting. If you catch any footage of the Tour on the news with type on the bottom of the screen that reads, "Courtesy of OLN", then I probably have something to do with that.

Talk 2 u soon.
Dave

1 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Dave Novak said...

Yup. A bunch of the top guys were thrown out for suspected blood doping. It was actually kinda cool because it opened up the race for the potential for suprise winners and it drummed up some extra interest in the race.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com