Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Cause For Celebration


Last night I was very excited to find that my Bon Jovi loving, up and coming writer, best friend's wife and great friend herself, the lovely Mrs. Karen Lynch, will soon have her writing published in an upcoming book. Her short story, "Momma's Girl" is to be included in the soon to be released anthology, "Chicken Soup for the Shopper's Soul". Seeing your hard work on the printed page is very exciting and I feel so awesome for Karen. You can read what Karen has to say about the book on her blog. You can also read about the book on the publisher's site. The book will be available for purchase on November 7th. Congratulations Karen!!! You're The Best!

6 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks Dave. I'm so glad you're with me in celebrating! It feels like a million bucks. Love you!

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger The Desert Rat said...

That's so cool.

I wish I could get published!

Congratulations Karen!

P.S. This is Dave's god-brother Rob.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Rob. We can talk writing anytime. Meanwhile, I checked out your blog and MAN did I love reading your March post ... facts about Jack Bauer. Those are the funniest, best lines I've ever read!!! Well done. And you think you can't get published.

P.S. Next time you talk to Superman ... ask him where I can get a pair of Jack Bauer pajamas.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Dave Novak said...

LOL...I don't wanna do it but I figure Karen might find out eventually...It's ever so slightly possible Rob may have gotten those Jack Bauerisms from another website. That said, Rob is still a very cool person.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger The Desert Rat said...

hahaha, yes Dave, I did get those off of facebook.

I wish I could take credit for them but I had nothing to do with them.

I'm thinking about posting the first chapter of the novella I wrote to see what people think of it, but I'm not sure about it.

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm ever so slightly crushed they weren't your lines. Oh well ... still so glad I read them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com