Thursday, July 28, 2005

Introducing Robert Kelly

Hello Everyone,

Sitting on the couch watching Constantine. So far, it's not so bad.

I'm feeling behind on my blogging. I've got a big entry to write about seeing Bruce Springsteen the other night. The problem is it's going to take me a while to write it. I've told the story twice and both times, it took forever to get it out. Maybe I'll do it in parts or something.

Long story short, I enjoyed the show. If your one of the few cities that Bruce is visiting, just know that it's only Bruce on the stage and 99% of the material is from Bruce's solo albums.

A good friend of mine has ented this blogging business and I'd like to tell you about him. He is my Godbrother Rob Kelly. I'm not 100% sure if there is such a thing as Godsiblings but Robert's mother Lynn is my Godmother and my mother Dale was Godmother to Robert's sister Laura. Thus, I consider Rob, Laura, their brother Scott and myself to be siblings in the eyes of the Lord. (Speaking of spirituality, I have no idea why Rob's blog image is of Buddha.)

I hadn't planned on doing this but I'd like to tell you two stories about Robert. The first is from when he was a little boy. I've got something like 10 years on Rob and when I was younger, I would lift Rob up into the air. One day I guess I'd gotten a little bigger and when I lifted Rob up, I went too high with him and I ended up hitting his head into the ceiling. It didn't hurt his head to bad, but every time I lifted Rob after that, Rob would would put his hands over his head.

Now, that's not the most interesting story in the world except that if you were to see Rob and I standing next to each other today, the idea that I ever picked him up is ludacris. Robert towers over me he could probably hit his against the ceiling all by himself.

(I just need to interrupt this blog entry because I rented The Best Of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog and I'm watching it now. Triumph did the Hollywood Squares at the same time as Kathy Lee Gifford and at one point back stage, he shouted over to her, "Hey Kathy Lee. I like your singing. I haven't heard notes like that since my mother was hit by a car." This is histerical.)


Here's the other story I want to tell you about Rob. My beautiful fiance Kristine and I were visiting with the Kelly family and some friends and we and we were discussing our favorite movies. At some point, I shit you not, Rob says that to me that his favorite movie is the Drew Barrymore movie Riding In Cars With Boys because "it works on many levels".

Now now now.....ok...so...like....alright...Like, if a girl had said this, then fine. Obviously, it's a chick flick. One of those sensitive kind of things. You know the type. But a guy liking this film? Wha....What the....But this was Rob...my brother. I mean, I can't just not take his thoughts into consideration.

Ok so fine. He really likes the movie. But then, somehow, I ended up agreeing to watch the film. I don't know how. I don't know why. I just know that one day I was sitting in front of my television watching this God awful film called Riding In Cars With Boys. I had thought I'd known what pain was. I was wrong.

Let's see. How can I review this film?... Alright. Imagine sitting in one place for 2 hours, watching people you don't like and they're annoying the hell out of you. If that's your idea of fun, then run to your local video store right now and rent this movie. I'm not 100% familiar with Darwin's theory on survival of the fittest, but if Darwin was alive today, he would probably ammend his theory to say that those who lack superior strength and intellegence innevitably will become characters in the movie Riding In Cars With Boys. At least, that would be my guess.

Here's the kicker to this story. I saw Rob some time later and told him I had seen the film. I told him I couldn't understand how he thought it was his favorite film EVER. His response: "Did I say that?" He didn't remember that at one time, Riding In Cars With Boys was his favorite film. Furthermore, when I suggested that maybe he liked the film because it took place in Wallinford, CT, a few towns over from where he lives in Newington, he said that he never picked up on that at all. You know what that means? I mistakenly paid more attention to this awful awful film more than Rob did.

Needless to say, I have not inquired about any of his favorite films since. He does talk about movies on his blog though. As for why he uses buddha for his image on he website, I have no idea. Maybe he'll talk about it in a future entry. Like myself, Rob started out strong when it came to updating his blog but it seems he's taken a little time off. Hopefully, he will be updating it soon. I wish him the best of luck and look forward to reading his future entries.

Until the next entry,
Dave

2 Comments:

At 11:06 PM, Blogger The Desert Rat said...

Alright, there is a lot of truth and a lot of fiction in this entry, (as I remember it, lol) but apparently my memory is not what it should be. Anyways, this is NOT my favorite movie, and I'm not sure what I was smoking when I said it was lol, check out my blog for my position.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger The Desert Rat said...

Ha, you tell him lilpuppy!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com