Tuesday, March 20, 2007

It's Getting Harder To Watch Galactica

I went out to Ohio in December and my father lent me the first two seasons of Battlestar Galactica, a show that I didn't think I would get around to watching. I had tried watching Battlestar when it first came back a few years ago, but I couldn't get into it at that time. On a whim, I started watching the first dvd back in February and I immediately became addicted. The first two seasons of Battlestar Galactica were amazing. I quickly become a fan of the writing and the story lines.

Then came the final episode of Season 2. In the old days, I could speak freely of television shows that had aired because there were no such things as DVRs, iTunes and television shows on DVDs and if someone was ever going to watch a show, they had seen it when it had aired. That of course is not that case anymore so I don't feel like I can go into show descriptions as Battlestar is like many shows today that are built on their twists as well as their cliffhangers.

What I can say is that I'm not very fond of the direction Battlestar Galactica has taken in season 3. The story has taken a drastic turn that I had hoped was a little more temporary than it has turned out to be.

Funny thing is that I'm reading now what I just wrote and I don't know why I've told you this. It's been forever since we last talked and here I am reopening this dialog by telling you that there's a show I really love but I'm starting not to like it but I can't tell you why. It's not like there's anything you can do to help me through this trying time. I guess maybe I'm putting this out there so that future Galactica viewers won't be as blindsided as I was when the change comes at the end of Season 2 (and by that I mean the entire season 2 as the dvds are broken up into season 2.0 and season 2.5).

Before I go, I should mention at the end of episode 2 of season 3, the Sci-Fi network showed a preview of the upcoming season and it appears the storyline will be getting back on track. I can't wait.

2 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I thought season 3 was better than the previous 2 seasons!

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait for Exodus man I think that's the third or fourth episode of season 3 that episode alone makes the one and a half year jump in time worht it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com