Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Long Weekend In Review

Greetings Everyone,

Happy Day After Labor Day Weekend. Woo Hoo!

The joy of my long weekend started on Thursday evening when Kristine and I went to pick up my new car. That's right folks. I am now the proud owner of a freakin 2006 Audi S4 Convertible. KICK ASS!!! I've got a V8 with 340 horse power. If you see me on the highway, it's because I'm slowing down.

Friday night, I let Kristine drive us to Rio in Norwalk for some fine Mexican dining. Saturday was a day of tremendous rain. I would love for anyone who doesn't believe in global warming to explain to me why we only get terrential downpours now. Whatever happened to drissle? Having nowhere to go, Kristine and I drank the day away, watching episodes of Arrested Development as well as the movie Kill Bill Vol. 2 (my 4th or 5th viewing. Kristine's first).

Sunday: "Here comes the sun. Do do do doooo...." Having missed tennis on Saturday with Eric, I managed to get in two sets with Adam on Sunday. I also hung out with a bunch of friends in New Milford for an authentic Oktoberfest. I think I'm officially the last person to realize Oktoberfest takes place in September. I guess if you put a "k" in October, you can have the festival anytime you want. By the way, the festival was put on by (I shit you not) the Arion Singing Society. Now I'm no history major, but I gotta think it's a pretty ballsy move for any German's to affiliate themselves with the word Arion.

Then came Monday. Yesterday, we did a bunch of house cleaning and then went to the White Plains movie theatre (because Port Chester and White Plains have the best movie theatres around) to see Marky Mark's football movie, Invincible. It was a really good movie and it makes my recommend list.

Talk 2 u soon.
Dave

4 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger The Desert Rat said...

Holy CRAP...Dave bought a rocket with wheels!!!


That is a sweet car Dave, congrats.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger The Desert Rat said...

Actually Dave, the word Arion is the name of a Greek poet that invented the dithyramb, which is a wild type of poetry or music.

You're thinking of the word Aryan.

Oh wait... Now I'm thinking you already knew that and you were just pointing out that it sounds bad to use a name that sounds like Aryan, in which case, I completely agree.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Dave Novak said...

Thanx Rob. You make me laugh.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Dave Novak said...

I'll miss the train though. That was a nice ride to just sit back and enjoy the scenery. I think my friend Chris has talked me into learning snowboarding this year and since he's the guy who talked me into running, it will probably happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com