Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The God Awful Shepherd

Last night, Kristine and I tried to watch The Good Shepherd, directed by Robert Deniro and starring Matt Damon. What seemed like a film with plenty of potential turned into a couple of hours of my time that I can't get back. The film is painful and I strongly suggest you skip over this title at your local video store.

When we were watching Shepherd last night, it felt like the film had lasted forever but possibly as if it were coming to an end. When I went to check on how much time was left and Kriste saw that there was well over a half an hour to go, I swear to you her exact words were, "NO FUCKING WAY!"

Since we didn't finish the film, I talked to a friend at work today who had gotten in a little trouble over the movie (more on that in a minute). Since he had seen the film, I asked him how it was all wrapped up at then end. The funny thing is that their is a main recurring plot line that has to do with a mysterious photo and a recording that sort of holds the film together and I almost forgot to ask him about it. That's how exhausting the movie was.

As for my friend, he had seen the movie a month or so ago because he had downloaded the film "illegally" using bit torrent. Knowing only my friend's ip address, Universal Studios had the nerve to send a letter to his cable company who in turn sent my friend a warning letter, telling him he had better cut it out with the bit torrenting. The fact that Universal chose The Good Shepherd to make an example of my friend is ridiculous. They should thank their lucky stars someone took the time to waste valuable bandwith on such a lost cause of a movie.

3 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the Good Shepherd. It was flawed but Damon played his character so well that it mesmerized me. Hence I am glad that the studio gave your badass, dishonest friend a good warning.

Give the film another try. I saw it alone at the theatre. It isn't a family pic. It demands your constant attention. Watch the details and the mannerism. I for one enjoyed the movie (may be because I wasn't expecting a regular spy movie with big explotions).

 
At 6:08 AM, Blogger Dave Novak said...

Dude? Who are you?

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger The Desert Rat said...

I saw The Good Shepard in the theaters and I thought it was terrific. I'm actually not surprised that you didn't like it, I can understand people thinking it was too long and complicated, but I thought that it was well done and interesting. I guess the main thing that I liked about it was that it was interesting and exciting without being cliched.

"I just wanted to hear something honest from you."

That was one of the best lines I've ever heard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com