Friday, May 16, 2008

How Fond I Am Of My Tunes

Yesterday, I decided to burn some cds of this weeks YOT200 Top 50 because Mike Falzone, a friend and coworker of mine made it to number 47 with his song Fenway. Now, I'll be honest about Mike's tunes. It's possible that when you hear his music on my station, you might not think he's the best artist for the station's format. Still, his music grew on me after a couple of listens and what's that point of having a radio station if you can't promote your friends every now and then.

So I burned the cds of the Top 50 and got in the car for my hour commute and I was just blown away. I've really put together a station that reflects music that I love to listen to. I tend to be more of a shuffle person rather than a mix tape person when it comes to listening to tunes in the car but I was more than thrilled to be listening to a list of music that's the core foundation of the radio station that I've created.

In other station news... I often get requests from up n coming bands to give their music consideration for the Live365 station. I tend to ignore these requests for a number of reasons. I've had artists not get back to me. There's something out there called Submit.com which requires me to sign up for something and that's just a pain in the ass. Probably, the biggest reason is the music isn't that great. I've got artists like Rage Against The Machine, Nirvana, Guns N Roses, Linkin Park, Smashing Pumpins, etc... I mean, if you're not awesome (or a friend of mine), you shouldn't be trying to get my attention.

That said, I didn't have any real emails to look at a few nights ago and so, on a whim, I clicked on one of my band submission emails. To my surprise, I really liked their songs. The name of the band is Swampdawamp and you can read all about them on their myspace page. Because Bryce Winter, a marketing manager at Miles High Productions was amazingly quick at getting back to me, you will be hearing the music of Swampdawamp in the upcoming weeks on the Year Of The 200.

The YOT200 Top 100 begins airing tonight at midnight and plays throughout the weekend. Here's this week's Top 25:


25. Rape Me - Nirvana
24. How Far We've Come - Matchbox Twenty
23. Cheer Up, Boys - Foo Fighters
22. I'll Keep Your Memory Vague - Finger Eleven
21. Welcome To The Jungle - Guns N Roses
20. Walla Walla - The Offspring
19. Given Up - Linkin Park
18. Got The Live - Korn
17. Night Drive - The All American Rejects
16. Novocaine - Bon Jovi
15. Faint - Linkin Park
14. Live And Let Die - Guns N Roses
13. Home (Acoustic) - Daughtry
12. Fake It - Seether
11. Cuz I Can - Pink
10. Let God Arise - Chris Tomlin
09. Drowning Pool - Enemy
08. Boom - P.O.D.
07. Bleed It Out - Linkin Park
06. No Sign Of Life - Ok Go
05. Doomsday Clock - Smashing Pumpkins
04. Broken Glass - Buckcherry
03. Testify - Rage Against The Machine
02. Last - Nine Inch Nails
01. Wicked Garden - Stone Temple Pilots

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com